Richter Publishing is excited to announce our annual writing contest for aspiring authors. This is an incredible opportunity to become a published author. If your manuscript is chosen, you will get your book published in paperback and digital formats on distribution channels all over the world! The deadline for submission is in 21 days on August 1st.
The winner will be announced at our annual Book Festival & Author Awards on October 13th, 2018. You must be physically present, or have a representative there, to win.
Some of the rules for the writing contest include the following:
- All applicants must be mentally competent to sign a contract. Applicants under 18 must have a parent or guardian able to sign on their behalf.
- The manuscript does not have to be professionally edited—though it might help your chances.
- Manuscripts must be between 20,000 and 100,000 words and written in English.
- All manuscripts must be typed in a Word document. No paper submissions.
- Manuscripts must be a complete, comprehensive story from beginning to end. Please do not submit work that is only half finished. We need the entire story.
- There is a small, non-refundable fee for admission. It is also per manuscript. If you submit multiple manuscripts, there is a fee for each one.
- Authors who are currently in a contract with Richter Publishing cannot submit for the title we are already working on. New titles are acceptable.
- Applicants cannot be currently employed by Richter Publishing LLC or have worked there in the past 3 years.
- All content must be the original writing of the person submitting. You cannot submit on the behalf of someone else.
- Scope of work can be: non-fiction, self-help, memoir, history, etc. We do not accept children’s books, erotica, fiction, or any slanderous stories.
- DEADLINE: All manuscripts must be entered by August 1st , 2018.
To submit your book before the deadline, click here and select “Writing Contest,” then fill out the rest!