How to Run a Business During a Zombie Apocalypse, took home the bronze medal in the business category for the Florida Authors and Publishers Association Book Awards. The book was written by President of Richter Publishing LLC, Tara Richter, during the summer of 2020. With the global pandemic cutting sales and shuttering many businesses, Ms. Richter wrote of her own struggles to keep her indie publishing house afloat. The book was released in October 2020, fitting with whimsical zombie images to keep the dire topic in a humorous tone. Humor has always gotten the publisher through many hardships and this one is no exception. The book hit Amazon Best Sellers list and still ranks high in the respective categories eight months later. Interestingly enough many readers have submitted reviews yet Amazon won’t publish them. I suppose they are afraid of the zombies coming to get them too? Irregardless this book will eat away at your brain. Telling the truth of what we all went through as business owners. The truth will be told even if you don’t like it. The book is available on distribution channels all over the world.
Tag Archives: Florida Publisher
Get Your Book Published!
Richter Publishing is excited to announce it will hold a writing contest for aspiring authors during the 2020 lockdown. This is an incredible opportunity to utilize this time to do something productive. The competition is for anyone who wants to publish a book. You do not have to be a seasoned writer or a professional. It’s an open opportunity for everyone!
The winner of the contest will receive a FREE publishing contract! Yes, that’s right. If your manuscript is chosen, you will get your book published in paperback and digital formats on distribution channels all over the world! So do not miss this opportunity. Please see all the details below. If you have any questions in regard to the challenge, you can contact us here for questions.
Deadline to submit manuscripts is midnight EST May 1st 2020. Winner will be announced online May 15th 2020. We will do a FB live to announce and email the author.
- All applicants must be mentally competent to sign a contract. Applicants under 18 must have a parent or guardian able to sign on their behalf.
- Manuscripts must be written in English.
- It does not have to be professionally edited. However, it might help your chances.
- All manuscripts must be typed in a Word document. No paper submissions.
- Applicants cannot be currently employed by Richter Publishing LLC or have worked there in the past 3 years.
- Authors who are currently in a contract with Richter Publishing cannot submit for the title we are already working on. New titles are acceptable.
- All content must be the original writing of the person submitting. You cannot submit on the behalf of someone else.
- Manuscripts must be between 20,000 and 100,000 words.
- Manuscripts must be a complete, comprehensive story from beginning to end. Please do not submit work that is only half finished. We need the entire story.
- Scope of work can be: Non-Fiction, Self-Help, Memoir, History, Poetry or Fiction. Types of books we do not accept are: Children’s Books, Erotica or any slanderous types of stories. If you are not sure if your story would fit, please contact us here.
- Submissions must be entered on our website below. Please do not email submissions or mail them. Only online submissions will be accepted.
- DEADLINE: All manuscripts must be entered by May 1st 2020 midnight.
Submit your work:
Click here to go to the following webpage to submit for the contest. The system will make you select an appointment time in order to submit your manuscript, but you can disregard that.
Previous Contest Winners: Alder Allensworth & Ruth Brunson!
Downtown Clearwater will be holding its annual Miracle on Cleveland Street event on Saturday, December 1, from 5 to 10 p.m. The holiday festival will feature falling snow, ice skating, horse-drawn carriage rides, bounce houses, and face painting.
Come on over to Richter Publishing for book signings with four local authors and free goodie bags!