Happy Easter everyone! So rumor has it the Easter bunny 🐰 got out of quarantine to deliver free copies of “How to Write a Book in 4 Weeks” to everyone’s basket! If you didn’t get yours watch this video 🐣
or click on the easter basket to receive your free gift!
Get Your Book Published!
Richter Publishing is excited to announce it will hold a writing contest for aspiring authors during the 2020 lockdown. This is an incredible opportunity to utilize this time to do something productive. The competition is for anyone who wants to publish a book. You do not have to be a seasoned writer or a professional. It’s an open opportunity for everyone!
The winner of the contest will receive a FREE publishing contract! Yes, that’s right. If your manuscript is chosen, you will get your book published in paperback and digital formats on distribution channels all over the world! So do not miss this opportunity. Please see all the details below. If you have any questions in regard to the challenge, you can contact us here for questions.
Deadline to submit manuscripts is midnight EST May 1st 2020. Winner will be announced online May 15th 2020. We will do a FB live to announce and email the author.
Get free resources here to help you start. We wish you the best of luck!
- All applicants must be mentally competent to sign a contract. Applicants under 18 must have a parent or guardian able to sign on their behalf.
- Manuscripts must be written in English.
- It does not have to be professionally edited. However, it might help your chances.
- All manuscripts must be typed in a Word document. No paper submissions.
- Applicants cannot be currently employed by Richter Publishing LLC or have worked there in the past 3 years.
- Authors who are currently in a contract with Richter Publishing cannot submit for the title we are already working on. New titles are acceptable.
- All content must be the original writing of the person submitting. You cannot submit on the behalf of someone else.
- Manuscripts must be between 20,000 and 100,000 words.
- Manuscripts must be a complete, comprehensive story from beginning to end. Please do not submit work that is only half finished. We need the entire story.
- Scope of work can be: Non-Fiction, Self-Help, Memoir, History, Poetry or Fiction. Types of books we do not accept are: Children’s Books, Erotica or any slanderous types of stories. If you are not sure if your story would fit, please contact us here.
- Submissions must be entered on our website below. Please do not email submissions or mail them. Only online submissions will be accepted.
- DEADLINE: All manuscripts must be entered by May 1st 2020 midnight.
Submit your work:
Click here to go to the following webpage to submit for the contest. The system will make you select an appointment time in order to submit your manuscript, but you can disregard that.
Previous Contest Winners: Alder Allensworth & Ruth Brunson!
Even though today doesn’t really feel like St. Patricks Day, we hope you enjoy drinking some green beer inside! While you stay safe during these unique times of 2020, why not use this downtime to write your book? Utilize our free resources to help you get started here: Free Resources.
We are also working on a self-guided online course that you can use from the comfort of your home to walk you through the self-publishing process on Amazon. We hope to launch it by the end of March to assist with those staying indoors to still be able to publish their own books at a much lower cost. Be on the look out for it soon! Stay Safe 🙂
Does the coronavirus got you locked up in your house? Meetings and conferences cancelled? This a great time to utilize and write your book! The most used excuse from aspiring authors is that they have no time to write. Well, that is no longer an excuse! Use this unique time to your benefit. Turn off the tv, switch the wifi OFF on your laptop and open up a Word Document instead. The best times spent on writing is without any distractions. You have already quarantined yourself, why waste it binging on Netflix wasting brain cells.
Did you know that the average person can write 800 words in an hour? If you have better typing skills it might be even more. So if instead of binging Netflix, or what I like to do is put on some soothing nature videos like fish in the ocean, and then type 800 words in just 3 hours you would have 2,400 words!
A 5×8 100 page book is only 20,000 words. So in just 9 hours you could have your rough draft complete! How many Netflix movies is that? 4.5 movies if they are 2 hours long. How many hours do you watch Netflix or Amazon or Hulu EVERY SINGLE NIGHT?! Those hours could be used doing something for your future, to better your life. If you really focused and wrote 5 hours a day, in less than a week you could have a rough draft. Within 2 weeks a draft of 40,000 words. Everyone is so upset about things getting canceled, and I know it’s sad, however use this opportunity! I see it as a blessing in disguise.
Utilize our resources to help you get started!
Free documents here
Online Writing Courses here
Classes on Udemy
20 Minute Book Discovery Session