Richter Publishing is excited to announce it will start holding a writing contest for aspiring authors. This is an incredible opportunity to help writers get their stories published. The competition is for anyone who wants to publish a book. You may have one already published or not. You do not have to be a seasoned writer or a professional. It’s an open opportunity for everyone!
The winner of the contest will receive a FREE publishing contract! Yes, that’s right. If your manuscript is chosen, you will get your book published in paperback and digital formats on distribution channels all over the world! So do not miss this opportunity. Please see all the details below. If you have any questions in regard to the challenge, you can contact us here for questions.
Winners will be announced at our annual Book Festival & Author Awards on October 13th, 2018. You or your representative must be physically present to win.
We wish you the best of luck!
- All applicants must be mentally competent to sign a contract. Applicants under 18 must have a parent or guardian able to sign on their behalf.
- Manuscripts must be written in English.
- It does not have to be professionally edited. However, it might help your chances.
- All manuscripts must be typed in a Word document. No paper submissions.
- Applicants cannot be currently employed by Richter Publishing LLC or have worked there in the past 3 years.
- Authors who are currently in a contract with Richter Publishing cannot submit for the title we are already working on. New titles are acceptable.
- All content must be the original writing of the person submitting. You cannot submit on the behalf of someone else.
- Manuscripts must be between 20,000 and 100,000 words.
- Manuscripts must be a complete, comprehensive story from beginning to end. Please do not submit work that is only half finished. We need the entire story.
- Scope of work can be: Non-Fiction, Self-Help, Memoir, History, etc. Types of books we do not accept are: Children’s Books, Erotica, Fiction or any slanderous types of stories. If you are not sure if your story would fit, please contact us here.
- Submissions must be entered on our website below. Please do not email submissions or mail them. Only online submissions will be accepted.
- There is a small fee for admission. The fee is non-refundable. It is also per manuscript. If you submit multiple manuscripts, there is a fee for each one.
- You must be physically in attendance, or have a representative, at our annual Book Festival & Author Awards on October 13, 2018, in order to receive the free publishing package if you win.
- DEADLINE: All manuscripts must be entered by August 1st , 2018.
Submit your work:
The system will make you select an appointment time in order to submit your manuscript, but you can disregard that.
2017 Contest Winner: Alder Allensworth, “Prevail: Celebrate the Journey.”